Monday, March 09, 2009

In Boca

Ok so I'm officially in Boca Raton and I've done a lot of cool things thus far and I will post pictures when I get my usb cord because I managed to leave THAT in Atlanta. But I've seen some cool stuff and let me just say this...cruise ships look big on TV, they are HUGE when you're on a boat that's maybe 100 feet away and the homes and yachts that SINGLE FAMILIES own, let's just say I can't fathom that much house, that much boat or that much money. Granted a lot of them were for sale, but still.

We rode by a house that was purchased by a man who is part of the Otis Elevator family. He bought it as a home that he and his soon to be wife could live in, it was a gift to her. The story goes that he became sick with a serious illness and it caused him to go blind. His soon to be wife, left him because of that and the home is now up for sale. (I'll post a photo of it soon).

At any rate, I've been having a good time, enjoying the local culture, wanting to go fishing, go to Miami, Key West, etc. The people have been friendly for the most part, but I know no matter where you go, you'll encounter jerks.

I'll post more later, just wanted to give y'all an update.

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy said...

Oh! Thanks for the update!

It all sounds so exciting.


Glad you're settling in! :)

6:51 PM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Hope things are going great in Boca, Jer! Looking forward to the pics when you get that pesky usb cable...!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home