Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Thinking....and More Thinking

What's worse than one sprained ankle, umm 2. That's right, 2. I had the sudden misfortune of spraining both of my ankles at the same time, the right one is far worse than the left but I'm confident that I'll heal pretty quickly because I am an active person. In fact, I took the aircasts off because they were making my lower leg itch like a madman and I just couldn't take.it.any.more.

And oh the time I've had to think and read. Reading is good, thinking too much for me is bad, bad, bad. I just finished reading The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom and I have to say, it moved me. Many books have touched me, but this one, really, really moved me. I cried at certain parts when I read this book and I couldn't put it down. Seriously, I finished it in 2 days and may have finished it in one day had the Lortab for my ankles not kicked in.

I strongly recommend this book for anyone. Men (no it's not too sappy), women, teens, basically anyone who likes to read and even if you don't, you should still give this book it's due.

I do think that your age and life experiences will have some bearing on what you bring away with you after you have finished this book. And now to my crazy thinking...

Maybe it's the Lortab talking, maybe not. Maybe I still am in love with my ex more than I want to be, maybe it's because she's pretty much taking care of me while I shuffle around the house unable to carry a plate of food to the table as it's kind of hard to do that and walk on crutches at the same time.

I caught myself wanting to say to her, "I'm sorry, can we try again". What am I sorry for?, I have no idea, but if it would give me a second chance, I'd be sorry if I had too. It's clear to me that she probably relies on me more than she wants too. As I was in the ER and she went to softball, where our team one both games and no, she didn't just drop me in the ER, her sister took me. She called and told me about the games, the other team members asked how I was doing etc etc.

When she got home she said she forgot to bring water, some food, my bats, etc etc. I asked her what she had eaten and she had to buy a chicken sandwich and water and gatorade then went on to say, 'see if you were there, you would have remembered all of those things'. Yea, I would have but.... I couldn't be there this time. I will be there in the future, if just to watch as I don't know the outcome of the ankle saga (and a saga it is, I should have had these ankles fixed when I was in my teens). Hopefully, I'll get to play and I've already started putting weight on my feet, but of course, I'm afraid to put too much too soon.

But next time, I'll remember the water, the gatorade, the food, the bats, I'll remember it all. In fact, I do remember it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home