Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bayou Bash 2008

Ok, as promised, here are some photos from the Crawfish Boil!



That's me in the Tide shirt with the hostess of the party. We'll call her CRAWDADDY! And she is by far one of the most generous people I know.



That's me again. (Can you say Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?) with my friend from Mississippi.



This is the Jello Shot Menu...so you knew what you were getting.



And those are the shots. There were 200 of them when the party started at noon. At 5 p.m. they were gone!



That's my friend WHOLE-TEX eatin' a crawdad!




And last but not least....these are the CRAWFISH! Crawdaddy bought 200 pounds of these things and they were all gone by 5 p.m. when we started cleaning up and getting ready to head out to Big Mike's Bar.


P.S. - Those crawfish you see are alive in a big bucket. Yes, you throw them into the hot water alive and cook them that way.
There are way more pictures than this, so I'll post more tomorrow. Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Krista said...

just what I've always wanted to see... a bunch of dead crawfish. Thanks! I can check that off my wish list now.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

AWESOME pictures!

Looks like so much fun!

You look great in that first picture. :)

6:49 PM  
Blogger J R Estelle said...

Thanks Pissy! I've lost 20 pounds so far.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never had a crawfish and I love seafood. That's weird.

The Jello shot menu is the best!

4:38 AM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

Looks like you had a blast!! I've never done the crawfish thing either. And it's been far too long since I've had a Jello shot. Must right that soon.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

20 pounds?!?!?! Congrats! That's terrific! :)

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home