Friday, June 19, 2009

Dreams - Open for Interpretation

Last night I had the strangest dream. (sing it with me) In light of recent life events that have taken place, my sleep has been mediocre at best with me waking every few hours thinking that it's time to start my day only to see that it's 3:37 or 2:48 in the morning.

But last night, I had a dream that was so vivid, so clear that I woke up to make sure I was still in my bed. This is the second time that I've had a dream like this where I can remember every detail. The first time this happened I lived in NYC and to this day, I can remember that dream and that was 9 years ago.

It was a short dream, but very powerful and went like this:

I was walking through a house carrying a pink (yes pink) recliner type chair on my head, only the chair was upside down so that the cushion rested on my head and the arms came down to my ears. I was balancing it with my hands. It was sorta of dark in this house, more like hazy, just like it gets before the sun goes down for the evening. I saw a man and I said "can I use your door?" and the man's voice said "no". I remember in my dream walking toward the door anyway and saying "I work for the government" and kept walking slowly and methodically toward the door.

I went through the door, not remembering if I had opened it or not but it was a very easy transition and I still had the chair on my head. I ended up on a landing of sorts and on the landing were 3 young girls, very small, all dressed in blue, all with dark hair but their faces looked bloated and funny. Not grotesquely bloated but bloated and they had string wrapped tight around their necks, like shoelaces and I started to panic in my dream and kept saying "what are you doing, what are you doing over and over. The whole time the chair was still on my head.

And all at once, in unison the girls said "we're waiting, we're next".

My eyes popped open and I sat up, grabbed my cell phone for light from the screen and scanned my room to make sure I was in bed, in my bed, and I was.

I couldn't go back to sleep because my mind started racing.

And that was my night. Any comments, thoughts on the dream, anything would be helpful and if you're interested, I'll tell you about the NYC dream too. Just let me know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jesus, woman. That's like Red Rum dreaming and shit. I have NO idea what it means. I only dream like that when I eat something heavy before I go to bed.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Dr. Krista said...

I am interested. I want to hear ALL of it. This dream is FULL of meaning (from a dream analysis point of view).

8:17 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

I have some feed back, although...it's a bit much to go into in a text or comment so I'll elaborate in an e-mail.

Share your NYC dream. Please?

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home