Monday, November 27, 2006

Behind

I know, I know, I'm behind with the posting. I'm also behind with the reading as well. Quick update.

My Thanksgivng went well. My family had to celebrate the day after Thanksgiving because my mom's a nurse and well...she had to work Thanksgiving Day, it's not like they close the hospitals. But, it's all good because she has Christmas off. That's how it works, you work one holiday, you get the other off and then next year she'll be on for Thanksgiving and off for Christmas. We've grown up like this, so it's not a big deal to us.

My mom and I hit the stores on the morning of Black Friday and OH MY HELL!, she almost got mowed down by a lady in one of those motorized carts. My mom came around the corner, stopped, the lady looked at her, Clint Eastwood came around the corner, the woman glared at my mom, my mom just moved to the left and I'd say the lady went on her merry way but there wasn't anything merry about her. Old grouch!

Then we went to Kohl's, got what we needed and stood in line for no less than 45 minutes to check out. Not too bad, I mean I did provide comic relief. Some lady walked by and said "what kind of man gives you 2 credit cards and tells you to have fun?" I said, outloud, "a crazy one". Hey the lady next to me laughed.

Then it was off to IHOP for breakfast - pumpkin pancakes YUMMY. I LOVE me some PANCAKES, and then home to make Thanksgiving dinner.

My father managed to burn some leaves and not catch the property on fire and also heard an animal in the woods, took the flashlight and went looking for it. Don't ask. I love my dad, but he cracks me up.

And of course my nephew is just precious. We went to Outback for dinner he ate some Bloomin' Onion, bread, salad, steak and backed potato. He's 13 MONTHS OLD. But my hell he was having a grand ol' time. And he eats everything with a fork, even his bread.

Anyway, that was just a quick re-cap of my Thanksgiving, now...on the 4th Grade. Oh, before I forget, check this ridiculousness out, Subdivison Bans Wreath with Peace Sign.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds great! :)

I could just see your mom and that woman in the motarized cart~too funny!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

The best thing about the shopping experience are the chain restaurants afterwards for a few cocktails! But the blooming onion? I haven't had one of those in years! My arteries are hardening from just remembering them! ha! But, seriously, I went to Kohl's too, and there were frantic people hustling around almost knocking ME over! Geezus! I can't stand the holidays anymore!

10:09 AM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

If you want to read a great post on that wreath business, so check out The Web Pen Blog (linked on mine). Howard does a great take on it, for sure!! Damn Coloradan's!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home