Wednesday, November 08, 2006

How the Candycorntini Came to Be

At the behest of Deb


Once upon a time, in a land, far, far away, but not as far as the land of far, far, far away, there lived a girl named JR.

Now JR, who has killer hair, liked to think she embodied all things rightous and of course she did, when it came to being creative with things of the alcohol variety.

But alas, this girl who kicks ass (not to be confused with the fair maiden, wrong story), was down in the dumps on Halloween, because she really tries to come up with a cool costume, and in her mind, the costume is cool, but...it never pans out.

So, on Halloween of 2006, JR said, "screw this noise, I'm skipping the costume and I'm drinking my Halloween sorrows away." As she sat in the swanky (HA-read DIVE) Martini Bar, pining away for the hope that others would just recognize the genius that are her Halloween costumes and eating candy corn, she had an epiphany of epic proportions and popped some smooshed candy corn into the martini class.

She took a sip and it was good. She smiled and it was better. She drank more, she stood up on the bar and announced, in her best Karen Walker voice, "YA know I think if they invented Candycorntini's, I'd get much more enthused about Halloween."

The applause was deafening.

The Candycorntini - shaken, never stirred.

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy said...

I like it!

and I don't even drink! ;-)

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one. I love candy corn.

7:37 AM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I've never had a martini, but I likes me some candy corn. This might be something I need to investigate...

10:41 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Haha!!! Didn't think ya had the guts!!! I love it!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home