Tuesday, April 17, 2007

For VT

Because I so want to say something but I am at a loss for words.

Twenty-Third Psalm


The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
he leads me beside still waters;
he restores my soul.
He leads me in right paths for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff--they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
my whole life long.


- Psalms 23: 1-6

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Krista said...

This IS my favorite Psalms... Do you know what David was going through when he wrote it? Look it up ~ it'll encourage YOU beyond the words...

9:34 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Such a horrible, senseless tragedy....

6:33 PM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

This Psalm is certainly one of my favorites, and I bust up every time. After my dad died, I really REALLY paid attention to what it said and it's been extremely touching to me ever since.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home