Friday, February 09, 2007

Slacker

Yes, I've been a slacker, I know, I know. The first week at my new company went pretty well, but damn busy. I've never been to so many meetings in one week. A change of pace from my old company, that's for sure, but a welcome change.

Looking back at it, what I really got from my old company was a 2 week paid vacation plus a severance pay. THANKS FOR THAT! But truth be told, I was sweating bullets for 2 weeks and it sucked. Thank you all for your well wishes.

My next goal is to move out of Georgia. I'm done here, really, in so many ways. I need, yes need to move on.

As an aside, I want to share a story my friend from Mississippi told me. She's a Deputy Sheriff and tonight she went to call where and I quote "it's your typical Mississippi trailer park, we get there and the fight is over laundry because apparently this ain't wash day." Yes, you heard it right. It seems that this particular trailer, in this trailer park has ONE day for washing the laundry and if the person washing the laundry doesn't the like it then..."you can wash it in the bucket out side like I do."

And that is why...you have to love the south.

3 Comments:

Blogger hotdrwife said...

Good news on the new job!! Where will life take you next?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

That "laundry" situation could have happened here in Hell! ;-)

Yeah! Where are you thinking of moving?

8:20 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

*LMAO* Being a Southerner, I can SO appreciate this *L*

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home