Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend in Review

YAY, it's Monday and I am excited about this Monday because it's Memorial Day weekend this weekend, which means a short work week following that. I decided to join a softball team. Actually I was asked to join because I've got mad SKILLZ, don't hate! In reality, I've played ball with a few of these women before, so I decided what the hell...I'll go back. My biggest concern is my knee, but I'll just watch what I'm doing and I know my limits. And the weather was gorgeous this Sunday, sunny, not a cloud in the sky, nice breeze, not blazingly hot, it was a perfect day for softball. I played right field and third base. Now people, third base, the HOT corner, is my HOME! I'm not afraid of the ball, I laugh in the face of line drives and while not perfect, I don't miss much. And when I got up to bat...2 doubles and an HR and let me tell you, nothing feels quite as good as that feeling of swining the bat, feeling the ball "smoosh" against the bat and watching it fly over centerfield to the fence. Softball players know what I mean about the "smoosh". No, our team didn't win, but we didn't get our asses kicked either. I'm okay with losing by one or two runs, but a slaughter chaps my hide. All in all it was a great day.

Then I got home and sat in the sun. I did that Saturday too after I got my new couch, sat in the sun and read Nineteen Minutes by Jody (Jodi?) Picoult. I highly recommend it, seriously.

Sunday night my mom called me, she's in Atlanta for a conference, to make plans for dinner one day this week and while talking to me, told me that someone had poisoned one of their (my mom and dad), white German Shepards. My dad was pissed. And knowing my father like I do, I can totally see him sitting out under the carport, at night, watching and waiting for the person to do it again and shooting at them. Maybe to miss, maybe to scare, who knows. Here's the thing...these dogs are in an enclosed dog run, so it's not like they were out terrorizing the neighborhood. Bunch of REDNECKS up there!

Anyway...the weekend went great and I pray this week goes by fast.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Krista said...

Smoooooooosh! Yeah! You go, you little home run hitter, you!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I've never been good at sports..... and I'm fine with that. ;-)

Glad you had fun, though.

I've read 'Nineteen Minutes'. It's an excellent book.

Sorry about your parent's dog....that is just horrible! :(

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home