Saturday, June 20, 2009

NYC Dream - By Request

So, when I lived in NYC, Astoria, Queens actually, I had another dream sort of like the one I had a few night ago, only in this dream, there was one girl and I couldn't shake this for days. In fact, I thought for sure I would run into this girl on the subway, the bus or just walking around. It's been 9 years since this dream and I remember it like it was yesterday.

I was teaching and had gone to bed before my partner. I got up from the couch, brushed my teeth and said to her "don't forget to turn the light off when you come to bed" and then I went to bed.

In my dream I was sitting on the couch and sitting next to me was a girl, about 6, small, slight and with very very pale skin. So pale in fact that you could see her veins through her skin as if her skin was paper thin. Her hair was long, not very thick and hung just past her shoulders in that typical straight banged little girl haircut. She was wearing a blue dress, white tights and black mary janes and she was looking straight ahead, not saying anything. The light by the couch (the same one I asked my partner to turn off) was on.

In fact we were both looking straight ahead, out the window, which had a view of the street and neither one of us spoke. I was not afraid, I was very calm. Then, I remember we turned to each other at the same time, and smiled at each other. Very warm and sincere smiles. Then the girl went back to looking out the window.

I stood up from the couch and then woke up. But when I woke up, the light in the living room was on, and that scared me. I woke my partner and said "why didn't you turn the light off", she said "I did". I said "well it's on, I didn't turn it on" and she insisted that she turned it off. I became very upset (as things were rocky between us) and started insisting loudly that she left the light on, that she must have left the light on, because I didn't so why was it on?

We came to the conclusion that I slept walked and turned it on. I'm really not sure if I did, I don't know. But I know this...I remember that girl and I even now, I swear, I'm going to turn the corner and she'll be there.

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Dreams like that are really freaky. When I was in middle school I has lost my purse. I was so upset that night at home, because I remembered where I had left it and I just knew someone was going to steal it. I went to sleep and had this elaborate dream about finding my purse. When I woke up, my purse was on my dresser. It was really really weird.

I hope you don't see that girl and her be like that boy from Sixth Sense when he was all, "I see dead people" and it turns out that you're really one of the dead people he's seeing. No that I wish death on you or anything like that. Ok, I'll shut up now.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home