Friday, August 18, 2006

Lamb Chop Part Deux?

I thought I had seen everything. I mean teaching in the Bronx, living in NYC, living in Boston and now Atlanta, but oh no, no I had not seen everything until last night.

Last night I had to make a pit stop at the QT (it's a gas station), because as the commercial says, "I had to go right now". So I walk into the bathroom and I hear this mom talking to her kid, but she's talking in this real funny, high-pitched voice. I didn't think much of it, because I thought, well maybe that's how she really sounds, she was in a stall, so who knows. And she's saying things like, "flush that toilet, boy, now let's go wash our hands". Normal, right?

But, nooooo, she comes out of the stall with her kid and she has a RACOON PUPPET on her hand. And she's talking THROUGH the puppet, thus, the higher-pitched voice. Although my raccon would have been all manly and kick-ass like. But I digress.

We looked right at each other, I said, "hi", she said "hi" (via the puppet) and I went into the stall. When she was gone, I laughed to hard, I was choking. It gets better.

She was still in the QT with her kid, getting a Coke or something and she's STILL talking through the puppet, the kid is about 5 or 6 and he's encouraging her. I couldn't help but simultaneously think, "okay, weirdo" and "wow, you got alot of cajones for doing that in public." I wasn't really embarrassed for her, I was sort of envious, you know?

But funny? Oh my HELL it was funny and something I'll never forget.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elle said...

See? THIS is where a secret squirrel camera phone would have come in REAL handy. I'm just sayin'.

I got a pic today of a lady with JACKED up second toe...it looked like it had four knuckles. Being in the medical field, I think it's a pretty safe assumption for me to say it was her ring finger, transplanted. No lie.

I also have seen the same Olde English 40 oz beer bottle on the side of the road full of WHAT LOOKS LIKE hot URINE and I SWEAR I almost put my hazards on and jumped out of my car and took a pic.

If it's there Monday, I'm on it.

6:38 PM  
Blogger J R Estelle said...

Yeah well, I have a camera phone but there wouldn't have been anything secret about it, lol.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home