Thursday, August 24, 2006

Seriously, I don't get it

Okay, I know I've said it before, but I'm beginning to wonder if something's wrong with me in terms of dating several people, finding a partner (I'm in no hurry), or dating someone exclusively.

Here's what I know. I'm picky, not picky to the point where I think no one is good enough for me, but picky to the point where the other person must be able to carry a conversation, be semi-intelligent, think on their own, employed and I don't care what you do, I'm not looking for someone to take care of me, nor am I currently looking to financially support someone either, should be kind to others, especially animals, elderly and children and generally be a good person. They don't have to be HOT, but they have to care enough about themselves to keep themselves up. Make sense? I mean this emotionally, spiritually and yes, physically. I'm not a bombshell, but I'm not a slob either.

I've tried the dating sites, match.com, singlesnet.com, you name it, I'm pretty sure I've tried it. Now have I met people, yes, I've met 3 people and we are friends, just friends and I'm okay with that, but....there's one of the 3 that I really like and I have to shove those feelings down for fear of things being awkward or for losing a good, dare I say great, friend.

I'm educated, smart, successful, keep my finances in order, pay my bills, make time for friends and family, not too shabby looking and yet....nothing. It's been almost 4 years that I've been single and I can't figure it out, I really can't.

The lesbian scene in Atlanta is BRUTAL, in my opinion. Very pretentious and I'm just not that way. Don't get me wrong, I can and have hung with the best of them, but I'm so not impressed with where you live, what you live in, what you drive, how much money you make, etc, etc.

If anyone can shed some light on this, feel free, I'll take all the advice I can get.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sometimes find that you always find someone when you're not looking. That's what happened to me.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I always hated the bar scene when I was single. You can never really know what they're about. I met my gilfriend from the personals---the OLD FASHIONED way--the newspaper. No picture, just a description. Luckily, it worked out fine. But my suggestion is to join one of those 'lesbian support groups"---which I am SO against...but...if you want to meet someone---that's the best place in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with being picky. This is someone you're trying to share your life with.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home