Thursday, August 31, 2006

What would you do?

Last night after my bike ride, I was gracing Wal-Mart with my presence and buying birthday cards. When standing in line behind a woman, a boy who was about 10 and a small child (maybe 2?), the woman was holding a soft, squishy Beauty and the Beast (hi Disney!) and playing with the 2 year old. She asked the 2 year old if she wanted the ball and they kept playing.

She put her stuff on the conveyor belt, letting the child hold the ball, and paid for her items, EXCEPT FOR THE BALL. The 10 year old said "that's not ours, we didn't pay for it." The mother (guardian, adult figure - I never assume any more), gave the kid a dirty look, grabbed her cart and they walked out.

This woman STOLE from Wal-Mart and I watched it happen. Now, big deal, it's Wal-Mart right, they're a literal giant in retail. That's not the point. The point is, she stole something. I mean I've forgotten to put things on the belt before, but when I have I stop myself and go right back and pay for it. But not her, she just kept walking.

But I didn't say anything, not a word. And why do you ask? Why??? Because I'm not about to get my ass beat in a Wal-Mart or anyplace else for that matter.

So, what would you do?

5 Comments:

Blogger hotdrwife said...

I've done that before with my son. I'll have him holding something and go through the check-out, get to the car, and realize I f'ed up. So, we go back in and pay. Karma is a bitch like that.

But what would I have done? I don't know.

11:57 AM  
Blogger J R Estelle said...

It's a tough call, Shutterbug, especially when you can literally get your head kicked in nowadays for just looking at someone.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

It's sad to say, but you did the right thing by not speaking up.....
....'cuz you're right~it's not worth getting beat up or shot. :(

2:44 PM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I call people on that sh*t.

I am my mother's child.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

I'm with Dirk. I think I would have reached into her cart and plucked it out.

I ain't skurred of no fightin'.

Bring it.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home