Wednesday, October 18, 2006

More About Me

I was over at DD's reading his blog on confessions and it reminded me to tell you a little more about me. Hope you don't mind DD, I mean imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. (SEE, how NICE I am, wow)

I like to think of it as confessions mixed in with everyday life, here goes:

- I didn't touch alcohol until I was 21 and in college and then oh shit...it got bad people, I partied hard, my weekend started on a Thursday (no class on Friday, wooot), and usually ended sometime early Sunday morning. But...I went to class EVERY DAY and worked full time too and DID WELL. When did I stop drinking like that? When I vomited blood in the parking lot of my dorm - now, I'm a social drinker and can go months at a time and never touch a drop.

- I think I'm really funny and have no problems laughing at myself.

- I use sarcasm as a coping mechanism - especially when someone is being mean to me.

- I was not popular in high school, at all.

- I can play some kick ass softball and felt a sense or pride and power when, in high school, I'd get up to bat and people would actually back up.

- I was obesely overweight after high school and before I moved to Georgia to attend UGA.

- I was never a small girl to begin with and my parents had me tested to see if my weight was a medical problem.

- When I was in college, my father (my parents had moved to Georgia too) asked me if I "lead a different lifestyle." I said "yes, Dad, I'm gay". He cried, I cried, I told him "I'm sorry I've disappointed you both again." He said "you've never disappointed us, ever." Later he told me he cried because he knows how hard it is for women to make it in the world and he feared for my safety. This was a big deal for my dad to admit.

- I come from a very blue collar family. My dad was an Ironworker - yeah, those tall buildings in major cities, my dad's the guy that helped build those. My mom is an RN, but was an LPN for a LONG time.

- I was the first one in my immediate family to go to college. I paid for ALL 4 years by myself via loans, work and scholarships.

- My father threw me out when I was 19 - years later admitted he made a mistake. Of course, I still love him.

- My MOM ROCKS THE HOUSE and takes no bullshit, even from my father - my parents have been married 35 years - I am 34 - you do the math - they are a rarity.

- My dog, Max saved my life, literally.

- I have found myself becoming very fond of a girl ("B") in TX (more on her later) - I am going to meet her soon - I'm scared as hell, because it's been a long time (3 years) since I've let my guard down like this - what if I go all South Park Stan in front of her and vomit on my shoes?

- I gots smarts real good AND I can lift heavy things.

That's all for now. Questions, comments, general buffoonery is always welcome.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, you said South Park Stan. Oh that's funny. You'll be fine, I know it.

I also kicked ass playing softball.

8:43 AM  
Blogger hotdrwife said...

SOUTH PARK STAN!

ahahahhahhaa

Needed that laugh.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

"South Park Stan" heh!

Where in Texas?

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home