Friday, October 13, 2006

It's Morning Already?

I am seriously falling asleep in my chair. Yes, I'm at work, yes I was here at 5:15 a.m., but I can leave at 2, WOOT! But damn, I ended up getting into bed after 10, being kept up by some funny and some serious conversation, but it's all good. When someone needs me, I'm there, 4:30 a.m. alarm be damned, nothing a good bottle of wine won't fix. I recommend Little Penguin Merlot, it's cheap, it's good, it WORKS and I learned wine doesn't have to be expensive to taste good.

Once I got into bed, my dog, Max, (damn I love that dog), jumps up on the bed, yes, he's allowed to sleep there when I'm home, no, I would not have it any other way. Well, Max is a big Westie, he's not a phatty, he's SOLID, like a Tonka truck and apparently thinks it's necessary to stretch out at night. So...I start out in the middle of the bed, Max on the right. I end up in the left hand side of the bed, Max in the middle, on his back, right up next to me, paws hanging in the air and although it woke me up, I thought, now that's love right there, unconditional love. Dogs won't sleep on their backs, fully exposed, unless they are super comfortable. I treat my Max well, people. Now, if I could just train him to open doors and take himself out...

I was WIDE awake at 4:00, a HALF HOUR before my alarm was set to go off. Maybe this happens to you, but when I know I have to be somewhere at a certain time and I know my alarm is set, I always, always wake up WAAAAY before the alarm goes off. No snooze button, either, once I'm up, I'm up.

I'll crash later....

It's going to be a long ass day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy said...

My dogs do that sleeping-on-their-backs-with-legs-in-the-air thing too!

We love it~it's so cute!

I'll have to tell Sweet Man about that wine...he loves him some wine! :)

Try to stay awake!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home