Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ridiculous and Obscene

Referring back to a post on SS's site, about the head stomping antics of Albert Haynesworth, I read an article this morning that told us his punishment.

A 5 game suspension without pay, that's 190,000. Yeah more than what many people make in a YEAR. But that's not my point, check out some of the text from the article shown here - Haynesworth Suspension

Haynesworth "fell to the Titans in the middle of the first round of the 2002 draft because of maturity questions". - no shit, YA THINK??

"As a sophomore at Tennessee, he fought with a teammate and left practice, returning with a long pole looking for tackle Will Ofenheusle before coach Phillip Fulmer stopped him. He was suspended for a quarter of a game". - A long pole??? - yeah, no, no behavior problems there.

"During 2003 Titans training camp, Haynesworth kicked center Justin Hartwig, now with Carolina . Charges for a road rage incident earlier this year were dismissed". -He can't seem to keep his rage confined to the football field.


BUT...he was contrite after the game and Parcells was glad to hear that. WTF?? I'd be contrite too if I knew I was missing out on 190,000 for 5 games. He's not contrite, he's not sorry, HE'S A BULLY, a bully of the worst kind, because he gets PAID to be a BULLY.

I hope Andre Gurode does press charges against Haynesworth. In fact, I hope his family sues him and WINS.

In a sport that kids look up to, we have asshats like Haynesworth and T.O. (can you tell I LOATHE T.O.), and kids emulate that behavior.

Then we wonder WHY something is wrong with "the youth of today."

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy said...

I saw a clip about this on the news....but they didn't mention all the other shit he'd done.

I agree with you completely!

He's a jerk and needs to sit out the entire season (or worse punishment) to be taught a lesson.

5:56 AM  
Blogger The Lily said...

He wasn't contrite. Furthest thing from it.

He was just upset he got caught.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didnt know about everything else either. THat really pisses me off. But of course after 5 games he will be back in again. He needs to go into anger management. The $190k he is losing should go to a charity or something

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home