Friday, July 23, 2004

Faith in Humanity

This morning as I was pulling into my parking spot under the ONLY tree in the parking lot, I saw a site that restored my faith in humanity.

An elderly couple, both still very mobile were holding hands as they walked to their car and they were smiling. Clearly they were still very much in love and as the man opened the car door for his wife (or maybe it was his girlfriend), he kissed her on the cheek and she smiled even more. Then he closed the door for her and went around to the driver side and got in.

This man was beaming from ear to ear. Clearly he loved her today as much as he did the same day that they first met. He knew he was blessed, lucky, whatever you'd like to call it, to have her. And, I'll assume she felt the same about him.

That's the kind of love everyone should have. Holding hands until the end.

2 Comments:

Blogger From Grits to Gringa said...

And, what I want to know is.. what are you doing about finding it? Waiting for the muse? I heard you might be coming to the pool party tomorrow! Hope you decide to pop in!

2:09 AM  
Blogger CC said...

Oh, my God, girl!! This could not have been more unbelievable to read than the time we talked about the fact that we could live in boxes with the person we truly wanted to spend the rest of our lives with. See, I told Ms. 21-year-old (and you know who that crazy girl is) about what I wanted love to be like, and it went like this.... When I was 22, I worked as a drive through teller at a bank. Once a week, this very old couple (say in their late 70's to early 80's) would come through, with their little dog too. I would watch them as I was making their transactions for them, while they would be laughing and talking and holding hands, sometimes singing to the radio together,etc. I always had a box of dog bones for the dog (of course) and the man would always ask for whatever color lollypop his wife wanted that day (which was usually grape) and they'd leave just as happy as the day they were married. It never ceased to amaze me that no matter what was going on in the world, these people never seemed affected or at a loss for the love that they promised one another. It was so awesome, and it made me believe that I, too, could be loved and give love like that. And that's what I plan on having, no matter what is going on in this world!! I really am glad that you posted this blessing, and that you now know that other people believe in the possibilities of your dreams!! Never settle! You don't have to! I don't have to!! These people make that REAL!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home