Friday, July 23, 2004

Faith in Humanity

This morning as I was pulling into my parking spot under the ONLY tree in the parking lot, I saw a site that restored my faith in humanity.

An elderly couple, both still very mobile were holding hands as they walked to their car and they were smiling. Clearly they were still very much in love and as the man opened the car door for his wife (or maybe it was his girlfriend), he kissed her on the cheek and she smiled even more. Then he closed the door for her and went around to the driver side and got in.

This man was beaming from ear to ear. Clearly he loved her today as much as he did the same day that they first met. He knew he was blessed, lucky, whatever you'd like to call it, to have her. And, I'll assume she felt the same about him.

That's the kind of love everyone should have. Holding hands until the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home