Friday, September 22, 2006

AIDS Walk - ATLANTA

I'm walking in the 16th annual AIDS Walk - Atlanta and thought that maybe some of my readers would sponser me. I'm not asking for a lot, just whatever you can give and my goal is 250.00. If I go over that, great, if not and I just get a little bit, that's great too, because every little bit counts.

HIV and/or AIDS does not discriminate. It knows no color, age, race, gender or sexual orientation. It does not care who you are, what you did with your life, where you live, where you work, nor who you rub elbows with. In your lifetime, someone you know, whether personally or via a friend of a friend will contract HIV/AIDS. So far, there is no cure. There's alot of false hope in that there's super drugs out there that "cure" HIV and AIDS. Truth is, it just slows it down, it doesn't cure it and unfortuneatly many people (not just gay men), are buying into this now more than ever, in my opinion.

So, I'm walking. I'm walking for the many who can no longer walk, in hopes that one day, a cure will be found for this disease, a cure that starts with headstrong education, a cure that begins with you.

Whatever you can donate, it would be greatly appreciated. Visit the link below and if that doesn't work, please let me know. In return, I can't give you gifts, but I can link you on my site, if that's something you'd like for me to do. And I can also give you the thanks of millions who will great benefit from your donation.

AID ATLANTA

Thank You.
J-

2 Comments:

Blogger hotdrwife said...

And ... you are welcome!! Happy to support a good and worthy cause.

(I also bust up at every apathyislethal commercial. Rips me up)

9:22 PM  
Blogger NeverEnough said...

I didn't even know about this, and I live in Atlanta! Glad I read this.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home