Thursday, September 14, 2006

What I’m Not Looking For

So yes, I belong to an online dating site, I’ve mentioned it before when I was trying to figure out if there’s something “wrong” with me. Then I thought, well maybe it’s not me, per se, but the way I word the section on that dating site that says “About Me”, aka, “what I’m looking for”.

So then I thought, maybe instead of saying what I’m looking for, I should tell people what I’m not NOT looking for. This way, it weeds out the ones that pretend to like what you like, or seem to having EVERYTHING in common with you. So here it is; what I’m not looking for. Tell me what you think and maybe I’ll post it on the dating site.

What I’m Not Looking For (in a list for your reading ease)

I’m not looking for the following, so if you fit these criteria, then maybe, just maybe we can see how things go from there.

-I’m not looking for:
-self-absorbed
-ignorant
-mean
-gold diggers ( I’m not sayin’ I’m a broke…but you’re digging in the wrong dirt here)
-lazy
-drunks
-druggies, even recreationally
-smokers
-non-compassionate
-impatient
-unemployed (no this is not mean, I’m not taking CARE of you at this point in time)
-liars
-conceited
-those who think they’re above even the most menial tasks – you’re not
-sex addicts
-those who have a ton of acquaintances, but no friends to speak of
-Ego-maniacs
-people who live way beyond their means
-pessimists
-“poor me” people – really life is what YOU make of it
-negative energy
-gossip mongers
-people who won’t at least try something new. If you’ve tried something, don’t like it, that’s cool.
-emotionally unavailable
-people who need a therapist, sounding board, etc – or I’ll bill you per question
-closed minded
-those who look down their noses at others – trust me honey, you AIN’T all that

I’m sure there are so many other criteria that I could list, but, if someone wants to get to know me, the best thing to do is just ask ME about ME, you might be surprised.

5 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Frankly I like it. But I'd add a lil adendum at the end...

"If you ARE a mature, caring individual with a good heart, a sense of humor and a desire to meet the same, contact me."

Or somthing like that. But that's just me.

Just sayin'.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Umm I dont seem to have any luck going with the positives or the negatives. I will just keep trying to find the love of my life at the ballfield and bars. :)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Just remember......EVERYONE puts their best foot forward. Be careful!!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I like it!

It should be interesting to see what types of responses you get.

4:25 PM  
Blogger J R Estelle said...

doc-t, I should mention I'm a lesbian, just in case you thought I was a guy or...something.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home