Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Never Ceasing to be Amazed

Sometimes my thoughts go through my head so fast, I feel like I'm on the bullet train hurtling at light speed and then someone steps on the brakes, HARD. This is when my thoughts come crashing down and settle into place, if but for a brief moment. Well it has happened tonight, today actually, I just got around to writing about it tonight.

I have seen some pretty sad and amazing stuff in my lifetime and compared to some, it hasn't been a long lifetime and I'm sure others have experienced more, but that's cool as we are all different and will experience different things at different times in our lives. But the past weekend totally blew my mind to epic proportions.

Maybe it's me, maybe it's the way I was raised(my parents did a decent job with me, I think), but there is something so so very wrong about being at a party for kids and being so drunk that you can't even get your mouth to work. That's right folks, you are so hammered that your brain has forgotten how to manipulate your gross and fine motor skills so you stand there, with others who are also hammered, but not as much as you, and stare into space like there is something so fucking wonderful on the wall in front of you that you can't possible look away or you might actually miss the wall settling on the foundation.

I kid you not, I witnessed this and it made me sick and saddened me at the same time. Today was someone else's day a day to celebrate, a BIRTHDAY, and this wasn't for one of your peers, it was for someone who should respect you, but how do you respect a drunk, who clearly has no respect for herself? What's even more sad is that you weren't the only drunk one there but you were the only one who made is obvious.

I just don't get it, it was a party for a kid and okay, if there are no other kids around, sure you invite adults, it's not the kids fault, but damn those adults should know how to act, react and just generally fucking behave in front of a kid, especially during the most impressionable years.

But then again, maybe it's me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home