Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Some Changes For Me

So after watching The Exorcist take place for real in the living room, I have made a vast amount of decisions so that I will not witness that shit ever, ever again. Of course, this also came with much soul searching and talks with honest, true friends. I have a handful and I'm fine by that, so here they are:

1. Never again in this life time or any other life time will I pair myself with a partner who thrives on beating down my self-esteem.

2. I will so learn to say NO more often and mean it, no joke.

3. I will make every attempt to keep my opinions to myself and let you think you are right even if I can produce written proof that you are not.

4. I will remove myself from everyone else's drama(we don't like drama, SUUURE, you don't) because I don't give a flying fuck.

5. I will attempt to sympathize and empathize with people when I can, but the first time that I have to bend your ear and you blow me off, it will be the LAST time I listen to one IOTA of "poor me" from you. (Please use the word in the general sense of the word)

6. I will give to you as much as you give to me in terms of time, but if you want money, it's called a J-O-B, sing it with me, JOBBY JOB.

7. I will not put all my eggs in one basket, because before you know it, someone has stomped all over the eggs.

8. I will not be with someone who has no patience for the elderly, because guess what, we're ALL gonna get there.

9. I will not be with someone who drinks excessively. I like to have a few drinks too and can throw them back with the rest of them, but um, I stopped doing that in my early 20's as I knew where I was headed if I didn't.

10. I will never be with someone in a friend or partner way that can't communicate and then flips the fuck out because I breath wrong and I will never, ever ,ever again let something that isn't my fault suddenly be my fault.

So yea, I said numerous, but this is a partial list. Catch me on a good day and I'll tell you more. But for now, I think I've put my foot down pretty hard and oddly enough things are looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home